Monday, May 26, 2014

Jogja trip

This trip is kinda sudden, because when I chatted Thya, saying I've never been to Jogja, she said she was going there to visit her grandparents and asked me if I want I can join her. So okay here I go haha. ANd the talks took place a week before our departure, so we didn't even think to ask other people to join us. I stayed there for 5 days and 4 nights, from May 9 until May 13.



Day 1
Leaving with a morning train from Pasar Senen, business class train which cost me Rp 210.000. The train is really on time in departing and arriving. Arrived in Jogja at 3PM, getting picked up but Thya's grandparents then using cab to go to their house, where I lodged for the next 5 days. At night we used a cab to go to Malioboro and buy souvenirs. Honestly I haven't thought about whom and what I will give so... errr, yah I miss the chance to buy souvenirs for several people, sorry u.u;; Then  we ate dinner at a Chinese restaurant nearby. They served pork but of course we don't order it (because of me haha). Mie kakap (?) is tasty, really! Nah, don't ask me if it's halal or no, I am being treated by them so it's fine(?) haha /plak :p Then we went home using taxi (again).

Day 2
Thya's uncle is coming from Semarang and staying nearby (only 2 house away from the grandparents') and he is going to Magelang. He agreed to drop me and Thya in Borobudur. On our way there he said he hasn't breakfasted so he bring us to a sop empal(?) shop in Muntilan and it's super tasty. I don't know about the price, again I'm being treated. But that food is super tasty. Though I already had breakfast before I still able to finish my portion quickly haha. After that we were dropped at Borobudur. The entrance fee is Rp 30.000. Oh, we didn't use tour guide, too pricey for us haha. But we did reach the top of the temple, it's super crowded. Then because the weather is too hot we didn't visit the museums in the same area and just sit under a tree haha. We didn't buy any souvenirs too (super fail). On our way home, Uncle Alex took us to eat kupat tahu. I only ate half portion though but I felt full (maybe because I drink soda). By night Uncle Alex took us and the grandparents to Kalimilk, a milk shop (yeah not coffee shop). I only drink a glass if milk but again I felt full lol.

The sky was so great :)

Day 3
In the morning, Uncle Alex took us to eat gudeg, Jogja's traditional food. It's sweet, too sweet for me, who prefer spicy food. For that day's journey(?), Thya invited Iza to join us and he invited Alvian. So the four of us, using two motorbikes, went to Taman Sari. Basically it's an old bath house used by Sultan from long time ago. The entrance fee is Rp5.000. Again we didn't use tour guide, because we thought Iza could explain things to us because he went there the day before, guiding a foreign tourist. Turns out he wasn't a good guide lol /plak. Afterwards we are going to Raminten, a very cheap restaurant. We passed by Alun-Alun Kidul just because I was curious how it looks like. I didn't try to go in between the tree with closed eyes, because I know I don't have pure heart, will only be a failure haha. At Raminten we discussed how about we went to the beach the next day using Ika's car and stuff so day 4 plan is made.

Inside Taman Sari complex

Day 4
Ika's family businesss is car rent so we took advantage of that. The 5 of us (Alvian as driver) first went to Goa Pindul. Here only me, Thya and Alvian went to explore the cave. To explore one cave we have to pay Rp 35.000, then we  It's just like that. I mean seeing rocks, stalactites, stalagmites and stuff. Done. From there we went to Pok Tunggal beach. We ate our late lunch there (they sell very cheap seafood!!) then saw the sunset. Really cool. Too bad there are big tides so we couldn't play in water. Oh but we took selfie video there, which immediately edited by Iza (he brought laptop like seriously-.-). Then we went home? No, I bought some shirts in Dagadu first, then we ate dinner at Sate......... I forgot the name. It's grilled mutton (goat meat), skewered in iron skewer. Then we arrived at home at half past 11PM (which made the grandparents angry. lol of course).

Sunset as seen from the top of a cliff in Pok Tunggal beach

Day 5
Going home, packing all the things then went to airport. Back at Jakarta at 2PM.

Well this journey turns out to be very cheap for me hahaha. But there will be Jogja trip part 2, I haven't met several people and haven't gone to several places. So.... till next time!

PS: I really like the night sky in front of the house there. Not much light pollution, I can see stars clearly yaaay! Oh right Thya did my nails when I was there, makes it doesn't look like mine haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment