Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Great Gatsby [warning: spoiler]

Akhirnya nonton juga. Waktu filmnya masih di bioskop batal nonton gegara mager xD Tapi ada untungnya juga ga jadi nonton di bioskop, I can cry loudly at the end hahaha. It's a sad life of him. Jay Gatsby, I mean. He worked his ass off, being very rich, all for Daisy. But she couldn't wait for him, and married Tom instead. When Jay and Daisy met again, he asked her to leave Tom and be with him. I was like "Yeah just go with Jay! Tom got other mistress too anyway!" But after that incident, she ran away with Tom, left innocent Jay who's accused with hit-and-run while it was actually Daisy was driving! The husband of the victim shot Jay who's still waiting for Daisy's call, ready to run away with her. His last word was "Daisy" but when Nick called her, the servant rejects his call, telling they already went away. And none of the guests who came to Gatsby's party attend his funeral. All he had, and know the truth of him, was Nick.

Soooo the moral value(?) is, just like Nick said: You can't repeat the past. Jay is really hopeful about Daisy, even when she left him already. Poor guy :"( Oh and another moral value is, no matter how big your house or how much money you got, it means nothing if you have no one to share them with. Even Jay said that he actually feel empty, and he really hoped that Daisy could fill it, since all he planned for his life is with her. It's somewhat struck me, for lately I was thinking that all of the things I do is for myself sake, as long as I don't harm other people. If I got glory, that's for myself, I enjoy it most. Other people enjoying it just bonus, side effect. Seems I have to revise this mindset. If I got glory, I'll find a way to share it. Oh right, another value: I don't want to live in such a big mansion. Well I do want it, but it's not safe. I mean how can someone carrying a gun enter freely into the house? Why no one knows his presence? Must be because the house is too big right? Though it was a really awesome house, got private dock and beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment